- You can easily search for recipes you wouldn't normally cook, and therefore may not have in your own cookbook collection
- You can search by cuisine, dietary requirement, course or key ingredient - especially useful if you're holding a themed dinner party or need to cook for a vegetarian/gluten intolerant etc guest
- Some websites allow for recipes to be rated and comments to be made - I find this useful if I'm looking for a really great recipe for a popular dish, such as banana bread, or for alternatives to an existing recipe, such as the 'rock' in rocky road!
- Donna Hay - my personal favourite
- Taste - a great website with recipes from a range of magazines and television cooking programs
- BBC Food - similar to Taste, but from the UK
- Delia Smith - this woman got me though my first Christmas Turkey for guests...unharmed!
Naturally I will need to pop into OB each week to taste their version, and make sure I'm on the right track...
Wish me luck!