- The Feed Lot is held monthly, on a date that suits everyone - usually a weeknight
- Each month there is a different theme, ranging from a particular ingredient, a country, a style of cooking or a celebration
- A different household hosts The Feed Lot each month
- Everyone contributes, nominating to bring either entree, main or dessert
Other things we do:
- BYO drinks
- Two of the couples in our group have children. They bring them along generally having already fed them, and set them up in another room with a DVD or game until they fall asleep. Works well so far!
- Our group has four shift workers, which is purely coincidental, which is why we couldn't set the same date each month (EG every second Wednesday)
- Sometimes a 'host' will add to their Feed Lot with rules such as dressing up in theme, making a short speech based on the theme, playing a game (eg Celebrity heads) using the theme etc.